Sunday, April 6, 2008

Self Magazine Article

Sunday afternoon…..

It’s yucky, raining, sunny then cloudy, humid, sticky, HOT day here in Tampa. I had planned to chill by the pool indulging in my new book and jam out to my IPod, but Mother Nature kept me inside. I think it’s for the best actually; I need to catch up on laundry and cleaning!! As I sit on my couch watching a little baseball and hockey I catch up on my magazine readings! I think I have about 5 magazine subscriptions that come monthly. Stacks of them take over my living room; I seem to think I need to keep them all for some strange reason. Any how, I’m reading SELF on this rainy day and I read a great article "Homing from work" I felt like sharing: please take a peak…

http://www.self.com/livingwell/articles/2008/03/0324hap_homing

This article couldn’t have come at a better time for me to read. I hope many of you find it interesting and helpful to balance your personal and work time better. I know I need the help! I’m sure there are others out there that need too also, just don’t want to admit to it!

Another article in this month’s issue was with Christina Applegate. The following are her reflections to remind us to have a little downtime; which is good for the soul as it is for our stress level.
· Remember to be kind to your self
· Forget all those who aren’t kind to you
· Remember to reconnect with nature
· Forget staying connected to people 24/7
· Remember to use your voice
· Forget trying to say what others want to hear

Let me know if you want a copy of the article, be more than happy to scan in and email it out!

No comments: