Thursday, February 21, 2008

Live & Play

I love QUOTES!!! I could read them all day every day. Here’s the one for today on my calendar that really just hit home for me.

“Live and work but do not forget to play, to have fun in life and really enjoy it”

I know for me some days I forget to take a deep breath and enjoy my night at home and not work myself to death. I live in a great city that is filled with things to do. Beach, adventure parks, paint ball, beach, parasailing, jet skies, canoeing, 3 pro sports to enjoy, laser tag, learning new tricks..like ice skating... the list could continue for days…Tampa is a great place to live while you are young and adventurous. But I often get caught up in working 50-60 hours a week for my job. We all put in our hours and being a fundraiser it’s usually always more than your typical 40 hour a week job. But that still gives me no excuse not enjoy the city and what it has to offer. Don’t get me wrong, I play my fair share amount. But the past 2 weeks I haven’t done anything for myself other than stress myself away 5 pounds, which I needed to do anyway; but not in that way!

So I will be giving myself a much needed MANDI day as I call them on Saturday! I can’t wait! The day will begin at the Tampa Bay Rays fan fest, Tampa Bay Lightning game, and end the night by dancing with my girlfriends and saying good bye to a dear friend of mine. It will be sad, but it’s better for her and her children. What a great personal day….SPORTS and spending time with my friends…PERFECT!

No comments: