Saturday, May 17, 2008

O is for OMG!!!

O is for OMG!!! I know this is probably cheating in the game but I couldn't go without sharing this story!

So....I got up this morning started my laundry as I do most Saturday mornings....washed my face, had a cup of coffee....changed into a tshirt and shorts to go on my 4 mile walk as I do 3-5 times a week..depending on how busy I am with work...

I had done the first 3 miles....

(Picture condo complex in the middle of a few nice gated neighborhoods with ponds separating each subdivision.... since I live in Florida you can imagine there are reptiles in these.... yes I've seen a few gators outside the zoo...)

ok...so I'm tired and struggling to finish that last mile.... I'm walking up to the final pond on the way back home and I see the usual birds and ducks pouching around for snakes...the one bird standing on the edge of the water and bank actually had about a 2 feet snake it's in mouth... gross right...YUCK.... it gets better....

I was like ok ok ok....just keep walking....(the walking trail is about 20 feet from the ponds)

THEN... out of the pond comes this GATOR and pounces on the bird.... I scream like a 2 year old and run across the street to finish my walk!!! YEAH OMG!!!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Mandi...only YOU!! This made me laugh out loud!! hahaha. Great story