Thursday, March 13, 2008

March in Mississippi

I took a last minute trip home to Mississippi Thursday, March 6th – Monday, March 10th. I had initially planned on going home for Super Bulldog Weekend. But due to my new work responsibilities time does not permit and I had to choose another weekend. It was a great visit. I got to see my wonderful family, throw snowballs at my brother, watch my BULLDAWGS win another SEC game and tear down the NETS…CONGRATS to the SEC West CHAMPS, and I also got to hang out in “left field lounge” !! My time is always short and sweet at home.

Thursday was a LONG day at the office…well it seemed like it to me since I was ready to go home. I arrived at the airport early only to find out I was delayed for a few hours due to tornados surrounding the area. I finally hit the ground in Birmingham at 10:45pm. It was so wonderful seeing my parents as soon as was off the plan. It’s been a long 2 months for me! I was spoiled seeing them for 2 weeks at Christmas, so my visit was long overdue!

Friday, I got to have lunch with my girl Natalie. She’s the best. I was so excited to see her and catch up. We keep in touch through calling, texting and messaging, but it’s only better to see them in person. Her boyfriend was also visiting her for the weekend so I didn’t get to spend a great amount of time with her, but I will be back to visit in May and she will come to TAMPA for a visit this summer!!! I always enjoy her company. We always have great stories.
I spent most of Friday afternoon in the hair salon! I love getting my hair done! I change it every time I go home. Karenda has been doing my hair for years and always does a terrific job so I always go see her on my trips back to Mississippi.
Friday night was dinner with the family and running into half of Starkville at Harvey’s! I love running into old friends when I go home. Always nice to see how everyone is doing. As strange as it may seem, Starkville actually got about 2 inches of snow Friday night…. It melted some by the time I got up Saturday morning, but it was still fun to throw snowballs at my brother and watch our dog eat the snowballs!!!
Saturday was an eventfully afternoon at the HUMP!!! I sat with Amanda to watch our DAWGS best the LSU tigers!!! It was senior day, last game of the season, perfect afternoon to tear down the nets! You have to love those seasons were they end with you tearing them down!!! It gives me chills! Congrats to our dawgs on the title AGAIN!!! I wish them all the best in SEC Tournament in Atlanta! It would be great to go over to the tournament and play UT again for the Championship and BEAT them! GO STATE! Sunday, I spent the morning with the family and at our home church Crosspoint… I miss my home church a lot. I haven’t found my own church in Tampa yet. It’s a missing piece that needs to be filled soon. The afternoon I spent my time at the ballpark….which is a great afternoon for me… I miss watching my dawgs play so much and spending time with my friends out at the lounge…I don’t miss eating all the food and gaining weight though!




No comments: